Thursday, November 09, 2006

edwards drive-in

"andrei rublev", directed by andrei tarkovsky is about the life of the 15th century icon painter. the movie itself feels religious, but in an untouched way. the movie is technically great and yet you don't even think about that until later when the movie comes back on you, as it does. the movie was made in 1966, but was suppressed by the soviet union and wasn't seen the way it was intended for over 20 years. it's long, over three hours, and deliberate, and yet it doesn't drag. a review of the film that I read said "if god ever watched a movie, he might as well pick this one".

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa_emily said...

I agree with all that you say about this movie- Tarkovsky rolls! I want to see this movie on the big screen. Except I don't agree about that god comment- I actively don't believe in that guy.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home