Friday, September 29, 2006

at the rack

"I had to overcome a resistance to fighting on an old battleground I had abandoned a long time ago. I couldn't defend myself as I am today, with my more rounded thoughts...my good manners and my old books. I had to defend the person I was then, sharp-tongued, vituperative, constantly on the move. I was faced with the alternative of confounding time and identifying absolutely with the person I was or denouncing that person and losing my relationship to my own past"
-----Adriano Sofri, a defendent in a political trial connected with italy's slaughter commission

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa_emily said...

Yes, it does keep happening-sad to say-

"How that slick, a highly toxic cocktail of petrochemical waste and caustic soda, ended up in Mr. Oudrawogol’s backyard in a suburb north of Abidjan is a dark tale of globalization. It came from a Greek-owned tanker flying a Panamanian flag and leased by the London branch of a Swiss trading corporation whose fiscal headquarters are in the Netherlands."

nothing smart to comment today.......

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home