Saturday, September 09, 2006

lovedrug

were you a hard summer guest
were you dense because your bones could take it
were you a lost track of years, answers stored
in the sirens that breathe out at dusk

in case you haven’t figured it out I know that everyone wants to make out with my soul
(heh)
I know what hands do absentmindly
I know that we’re all only kissing one person no matter who we kiss
I know you can’t stop the rock because we’re all ravens, swamp dwellers,,,,convinced of
our opinions even when sitting quietly alone,…numb to everything going by just then, even ourselves

down on hayes street five foreign men sit in a circle talking about soccer
out goes a shaky thursday
friday with an appetitite to make you come

for parker, who has a name that means more now that he’s dead
for lights that run around trying to catch other lights since when
for more names that I won’t mention because that’s annoying
for leonard who lets the river answer

yes, come
come business boy and hair-cutter
come finger butter
come letter opener
come until I tell you to come again
come and sit the bar of humiliation, emulation, words I never knew the name of
come cut and I will
open my head to let you in.

1 Comments:

Blogger mephistofales said...

You sent this to Armand, right?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home