Tuesday, October 24, 2006

you tell me it would make a good story but it’s just something I’ll always remember
still, I could reel you in if I wanted to
but first you’d have to concede italy
that god is in the t.v.
a taxman
god himself is a beautiful dead tuscany cemetery
a napoleanonic response
and nappy, he saw enemies everywhere he turned
yet he never saw the lazio fans in the stadia
never searched for a biletta with a crazy taxi driver

or a word singing
not words, just one word in good voice

I’ve been hugged outside the gates of every future ruin amongst us
no, it’s not love, but it’s a bit of fun isn’t it. a kiss on each cheek.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa_emily said...

"but first you’d have to concede italy
that god is in the t.v.
a taxman"


---but what dos this really say? if you took all this out wold it maim what is being expressed?
How personal should a poem be? Hpw esoteric...what about words..

3:21 PM  
Blogger mephistofales said...

"I’ve been hugged outside the gates of every future ruin amongst us"

That lineis so good I bet you started with it... didn't you? or maybe this was the one piece of text with the most breadth beeting around your head and you had to write a poem around it.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home