Friday, February 24, 2006

interstate 5

my glass ceiling was subject
to a wrist pull
we rougheyed it up
said “do what you’re told”

my moon crater was a lazy fuck
so we seeded it to its knees
foot shivered it sideways
said “you’ll believe in anything”

my skin chest tightened up
like salt
claimed it was rubbing two sticks
we scary toaded it down
said “my dear, what’s happened to us”

my missile silos lent distance
to the distance
picked ignition, built it ride-equipped
we palm tree stalkered, directionless
said “it’s what you do to me”

my tractor scrub fell over the lines,
done with school
we farewell songed it to a
median rhythm
said “this one here, that’s the color black”

my sons and daughters got lost
in an almond tree bloom
non-existed to the corner of stay and sea
we okay corralled the little bastards
said “sometimes you know what you want
if you know you can get it”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home