Friday, January 20, 2006

that was the year...

that was the year I slept with the intern after the show. a crowd gathered around to watch. shocked. “oh no”.

that was the year I learned to give cpr, but only in the back seats of large sedans. it was hard to hear over the heater. I was hoping she’d be sweeter along with the olde english. a language we harvested in private. I’m sure she thought she was winning, but that just shows you how little she knew about me. there was a crown, or maybe it was a crowd. it slowly migrated across the room.

“what’s he doing up at this hour”.
“it’s hard to tell”.

odds soon went up on the tote board. creeping’s just a way. here’s a hint, I thought I was irish, but they told me american.

the odds settled at 3-1, that was the year they tried to make us use numbers.

you slept quietly the whole time, I’m pretty sure of that.

“you’ve learned nothing”, I thought, hanging upside down. color then, went out of the crowd. it was the first thing that made me laugh all year. I took the uphill route home, not thinking of you once. mostly because I didn’t want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home