Thursday, August 16, 2007

morning commute

ocean beach report

he told the wicked which, “you either know or you don’t”

take a saw to signs

the smooth bouncy voluptuous version

low-cut sweats asking where the skin starts

the awkwardness of conversation with those you’re supposed to have some in common with

pull pocket music machine, check title

tribulation

marc anthony killed himself

two minutes late makes you a half an hour late

old people run in more distinct ways than young people

the same corners, one after the other

each morning she stops at the same traffic light and looks at her right earring, tries to straighten her already straight hair with her fingers

I am the passenger and I ride and ride

sooner or later something near you is going to smell like piss

singing la la, la la la la

it’s too late he thought, to not sound like someone

no one ever said to her once, “you know you remind me of someone”

if you’re waiting for it to connect keep waiting

I know you but you don’t know me which doesn’t make a difference, or isn’t a difference, and says nothing

boy scouts is early military training

benches and trash cans are dying to be leaves

baby, you and I will never be the same

he thought his mood would end but it filled up for gas in santa nella because christy and evelyn said it was cheap there

she cut her own bangs and everyone thought it looked terrible

old people smoke in more distinct ways than young people

painting or labeling a phone number on your vehicle is a commitment

noise is scarier

sometimes you say something you don’t mean by trying to say something you mean

lake merced

waking up stopped seeming strange in 1985

pinks chimneys

gold coast

a cliff in la jolla that doesn’t allow thinking

I want to take you there

the guitar part you were waiting for

the smell in churches

the wood in courtrooms

tongue on the roof of your mouth

every word you’re never going to hear me say because you got in the way

the way we anchor everything in the ground

forest whitaker’s reflection in a car window

look again, it all leads down

my mother and father, so fuck the rest of you

I like the word “still” still

which way will it fall

I’ve never said a word, not one. idiot kids in bad glasses are straining harder than me, just trying to fit in

goodness gracious

don’t stare

choosing a parking spot in any mall parking lot

patrons

there was a girl when I was eleven who wanted to kiss me but I was afraid because she had a roughneck boy following her around

eleven years old, bathing suit falling off, have I ever loved anyone more than that

of course I have

davinci

no parking any time

seven or eight songs

everyone putting their hands to their ears constantly. buzz buzz, talk talk

always in bloom, 9 volts worth

the baby needs a paint job

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home