Wednesday, March 07, 2007

edwards drive-in

just watched 13 tzameti which reviewers compared to hostel, which I never saw and don't think I want to see. and I can't tell you anything about the movie except that's it's in black and white and very good. I guess I can say it's dark and a first film by gela bablauni who is georgian. his brother stars in it and it is in french, so subtitled and it seems a guys movie to me. it's suspenseful in the way a hitchcock movie is and kind of the way war movies or film noir is and then it's just a strange tale all its own. not for the faint of heart though.

one reviewer called it a cruel metaphor of the global economy and I think that's an interesting take as well because I never would have had that thought and yet now that I've read it I see the point. and I guess what happens in the film is happening right now, which makes it all the more strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home