Wednesday, April 27, 2005

that was the year...

that was the year that everyone stared like lovers in cafes staring deep into each others eyes,
gilded,
golded,
scolded until I had to ask them what they saw in there
it was anywhere but home,
a place where we got older until our eyes took on that
faraway
look
as if it were once better
we were little shadow pictures full of want
a dog staring at a bone
little bits of us falling off into the streets
carried and conceded
crazed and charred
won’t you say something so I can stop feeling
like I have no friends
using the same words
that seems so precarious
to everyone
else

aren’t you here to help me pretend

looking over your shoulder I’m so thoughtful
when I’m really looking to see
who’s next
like presents at christmas
multiplication
bishop takes knight
queen takes bishop
it’s an avalanche of stares
unawares of us
and our snapshots

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

I like this series. How many more are coming? They feel natural and spontaneous, almost like they're urgent.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home