Tuesday, April 19, 2005

walker percy wrote things like this --

his hand was in the hollow of her back, pressing her against him. she came against him, willingly. it was a marvel to her this yielding and flowing against him, amazing that I was made so and is this it then (whatever it is) and what will happen to myself ( do I altogether like the yielding despite myself and the smiling at it like smiling when your knee jerks when dr. duk hits it with his rubber hammer ) and will I for the first time in my life get away from my everlasting self sick of itself to be with another self and is that what it is and if not then what? he kissed her on the lips. ah then it is that too after all, the dancing adream in the carolina moonlight except that it was sleeting and it was firelight not moonlight on the glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home