Monday, June 12, 2006

inwards

when I fell that day I was outside this kid’s room. charlie, I knew him a bit from my time there. one night when his parents weren’t there they had to recycle his blood completely. they had him on this strange machine pumping his blood out for new blood going in. I was walking the halls. I went and sat with him. something opens in me now that brings this back. the way he was older than me from being sick all his life. then outside the room where the hallway and my balance went to disappear. reappearing I was half ground and half wall, i.v. bleeding more than it should from my arm. wow, look at that. charlie standing over me saying “you’ve made a mess of things you know”.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa_emily said...

I don't eat birds- since I like them too much.

I mostly like puffy cream....

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home